Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Need to flush the Pity Pot!

Ok. I really need a nap!

My best friend is away right now, and it's killing me! My mother is my best friend; I call her every day, at least 2 or three times, I see her at least once a week, if not more. She flew to Romania last weekend; my cousin is getting married there this weekend. She went also because she would have the chance to see my nephews in Germany during a 12 hour layover in Frankfurt. I have 2 nephews there (long story), one of which we've never seen; he was born there. I've already gotten pictures, and MY GOODNESS, they've grown!!! The oldest is taller than Mom! I can tell from the pics and the emails that she's having a good time, and I'm happy for her. She just needs to come home now. Period. (wink)

Anyway, with two little ones of my own, it's nice to have Mom right here to at least talk to, or even pack the kids up and head out to the farm for the day so that the oldest can run around outside. I won't really let him do that in the neighborhood I live in. Nope. Not gonna do it. The only thing I have to worry about at the farm is those shifty-eyed cows!

Not much more to report at the moment. I'm exhausted after two days of the hubby being home sick from work. He's developed an allergy (at least we think) to something, and has off and on for two days straight been breaking out in hives in various places. It's really weird; we can't pinpoint what's going on! He has an appointment with an allergist Thursday, so maybe he can shed some light on the problem. In the meantime, Hubby's taking Benadryl like hard candy and bathing in Cortizone cream. Such is the life of a SAHM. No day goes by without SOME kind of little drama!

No comments: