Monday, July 21, 2008

Musings

Well, Mom is due home tomorrow, thank goodness! My dad is doing ok, but he really misses her, I can tell. I went over there on Friday and made him a home-cooked meal; he's not used to eating out all the time! That farm boy is a meat and potatoes guy to the core. He can do alright for awhile; he knows where the Hardee's is, and he can make himself a mean plate of cheese fries, but he can't do a roast like Mom. I told him to get a roast out of the freezer and I'd come over and get it ready for dinner (dinner at the farm is 1:00 in the afternoon) for him.

When I got there, I realized how much more I needed to do. The carpet needed a good vaccuming. I got the roast in the oven, got the vegetables peeled, and then got to work. I was only able to get one room vacuumed, but at least I got the biggest one done! Daddy got a good meal, and the boys and I got to spend some time with Grandpa.

I have so much to talk about, but no words to express it. So many thoughts are running through my brain, I can't get hold of just one to write about. It took all I had to write what I did about Daddy! Maybe I'll try again later...

Tina

No comments: