Monday, July 21, 2008

More Musings

Well, I remembered one thing. Shawn went to the Dr. on Thursday and found out what was making him break out into the hives. He has allergies, anyway, right? Well, he was having small attacks of the sniffles and sore throat and the like, so he was drinking this herbal tea that I'd bought for me; I ended up not liking it, so it sat there. He found it and decided to try it. Apparently, there is an herb in the tea that is in the same botanical family as ragweed! So his body thought he was drinking ragweed tea, and responded appropriately. There wasn't enough of that herb in it to have a big reaction immediatley, but when the welts came, look out! He was miserable, and rightly so; he couldn't sleep for the itch. That's taken care of now, though. I think he threw out the "Ragweed Tea". We will never speak of it again.

No comments: